Social media has been an excellent channel to build and maintain relationships with your guests during this crisis. Don’t let this fall by the wayside as you start to reopen. There are still many loyal guests who are not ready to travel yet that you want to keep in touch with, and featuring content from the early wave travelers will help instill confidence for others.
Instagram & Facebook
- Make sure your images are sensitive to social distancing
- Do not use last year’s shots with groups
- Consider taking new, fun photos that include personal protective gear
- Keep the momentum going!
- Continue to post regularly after reopening
- We recommend an 80/20 mix of social/fun to promotional content
- Encourage “User Generated Content”
- Instill trust with social proof and showcase your experiences
- Consider promoting excursion maps with suggested photo stops. See more ideas and directions in our recent Master Class on Creating New Experiences with Linda Hayes
- Promote handles with signage around the property and on your menus
- You can now add gift certificate buttons to Instagram, but it does require work with a third-party provider. Click here for more details.
- Facebook & Instagram have developed a new Shops feature. We will be doing a Master Class & Workshop on this topic in early July!