View the code behind the scenes of your directories to assess if they are actually giving you any SEO value. Here are some common keyboard shortcuts you can use to view this source code:
- Firefox – CTRL + U (Meaning press the CTRL key on your keyboard and hold it down. While holding down the CTRL key, press the “u” key.) Alternatively, you can go to the “Firefox” menu and then click on “Web Developer,” and then “Page Source.”
- Internet Explorer – CTRL + U. Or right click and select “View Source.”
- Chrome – CTRL + U. Or you can click on the weird-looking key with three horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner. Then click on “Tools” and select “View Source.”
- Opera – CTRL + U. You also can right click on the webpage and select “View Page Source.”
- Safari – The keyboard shortcut is Option+Command+U. You also can right click on the webpage and select “Show Page Source.”
- Firefox – You can right click and select “Page Source” or you can navigate to your “Tools” menu, select “Web Developer,” and click on “Page Source.” The keyboard shortcut is Command + U.
- Chrome – Navigate to “View” and then click on “Developer” and then “View Source.” You also can right click and select “View Page Source.” The keyboard shortcut is Option+Command+U.
Measure the value of your page links using this great free SEO tool: