Updating Your Cleaning Protocols
Training Your Cleaning Staff
- You and/or your staff should be wearing gloves while cleaning.
- Let disinfectants set on surfaces long enough to do their job.
- Follow instructions on the manufacturer’s label precisely.
Update Your Cleaning Products
- Use cleaning products pre-approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use against emerging viral pathogens.
- Add disinfectant when washing laundry to sanitize linens that may have become contaminated with the virus.
Clean Common Areas More Frequently
- Common spaces, the front desk, and any high touch areas such as buttons, knobs, and tables need to be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Approaching these areas with a “cleaning theatre” mentality can help instill trust in your guests.
- Consider posting signage of your routines or staff handwashing instructions
Click Here to download our complete COVID-19 Cleaning Checklist.